Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Britain indeed has talent

Another stunning debut on Britain's Got Talent. Susan Boyle wows the judges with her out-of-the-park performance of "I Dream a Dream" from Les Miserables. As a Facebook friend said, "Frumpy lil' Scot's got a voice!" The performance is very reminiscent of Paul Pott's first appearance two seasons ago. Time will tell if Susan has anything like the success he has had. Andrew Sullivan (from whom I first learned of this) posts a UK reader's comment on the hidden talent of Britain's church choirs and how many are dismissed generally because they don't have the star look.

[Simon Cowell]'s never sung in a church or temple choir, I don't think...Susan Boyle looks like a lot of the women with whom I've sung over the years, and has the spunk that they have, too. Her chat before and after indicated a bright spirit, I know the type and have sung with these women, and girls, many times.

No comments: